Skip to main content

It's all about Biryani!


Biryani Case Study
Making biryani today at home made me think of a blog entry. If you live in Pakistan and aren’t familiar with biryani, than you are not Pakistani at all (may be it is saying much, but truth is hard). Biryani is loved by everyone in Pakistan and everywhere else in the world and so are the versions that are loved.

From Sindh to Hyderabad to Bombay, all the version are being loved and liked by all ages. I remember when I was a small kid, biryani was an occasional treat. I used to beg my mother to make me one and she said it takes time. “No beta, biryani takes 3 hours and I have a lot of work.” My mom used to say. Chapter closed. Now, people make biryani in 1 hour and well, they are not that good. Either ‘Thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’.

Sindhi or Hyderabadi biryani, to me it sounds the same and smells the same. Taste changes as you differ the layering process. Some says that hyderabadi is made only from yogurt and no tomatoes are used. Some says that Sindhi biryani needs sliced onion and pickles. Well, I don’t know. Even the Sindhi households have different ways of making it. All I know that apart from having browned onions on top as garnish, everyone gives you the recipe as they like to eat it.

Bombay biryani is my all-time favorite biryani. The only biryani that smells different and taste different. It’s rich and tasty. From ingredients to layering, I love everything about it. One is seriously not a fan of biryani, if he/she hasn’t tried it.

Now for a long time, NALI biryani is treated as the tastiest biryani by a lot of people in Karachi. I haven’t tried it yet. Have you? I am planning to. If you have, please do tell how it taste like in the comments below. And which biryani(s) you have tried and how you like them.

How can I forget? SHADI BIRYANI. This kind of biryani is the most liked and the most wasted biryani. If made good, you will eat nothing else. If made bad, than you will… well, you will eat everything but then keep commenting about how bad the biryani was. If absent from a wedding, than your whole mood spoils. Isn’t it so?

Before I ‘toddles’, this is the last thing I want to say. I have been to Lahore quite a lot of times, but never have I eaten biryani there. So, I cannot say if it’s true that Karachi biryani are the best. But then, biryani plays on taste. And Biryani is biryani. Right?

Thank you,

Toddles,
Beyond That.
The Beyond Blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Cooking! White Sauce...

The Best Recipe for the WHITE sauce. I love cooking and experimenting. And today, when I was making a vegetable and chicken pasta, I made a WHITE sauce to compliment it. By far, it is the amazing recipe I came up with! My mom and my siblings ate it with such relish that they went so far to lick their plates clean. I was so angry to myself, for not taking pictures so I could post it for you guys. But, rest assured I would soon, Insha’Allah!! Well, the recipe goes… Ingredients: 1 tablespoon Butter 1 teaspoon cooking oil 1 teaspoon caraway seeds 1 teaspoon onion seeds 2 cloves crushed garlic 2 tablespoon flour 1 cup milk (or more) Half bunch of spring onion A handful of black olives Salt to taste Black pepper to taste Recipe: 1.    In a pan, put butter and cooking oil and put it to heat, when it starts bubbling, put caraway seeds, onion seeds and crushed garlic. Sauté it till it is fragrant. 2.   After this put flour and make a dough kind

Welcome to My Beyond Blog

Hiya, For a long time now, I wanted to start my own Blog, but, I couldn’t get the motivation to start it. I was really afraid of ‘being rejected’. Then, I thought why not make one and see how it feels and who and how it is welcomed. How can you be afraid when you haven’t experienced it yet, and this is no sin, right? So, thus the name ‘Beyond That’ as it selflessly shows that you can dream, achieve and feel good about it. It’s all about positivity. Well, so what is here that may interest my readers, 1.      The new ways to cope with life and be more open about it 2.     The ways in which we can open up our thoughts and be more creative in what we have to say 3.     My weight loss journey, how it helps me and how may it help you 4.     The wonderful reasons of writing as I have a hundred and thousands of abstracts waiting to be read and admired (I think so!) 5.     A lot of fun facts, opinions, statements and dairy entries that ranges from fashion to beauty and cutlery t